When I was pregnant with Kendall I craved cupcakes. Specifically vanilla ones, which is kinda funny because usually I prefer chocolate over vanilla when it comes to anything. Somehow after a year of Kendall being around, the urge for the small cakes still overcomes me once in a while.
When I made Kendall's Lamby cake for her birthday I knew I'd be doing its construction late at night, once the kids had gone to bed, at the last hour. Therefore, when I went shopping, I stocked up on my supplies not wanting to run out of, or be in need of anything at midnight.
So after a few weeks of a spare box of chocolate cake mix and a bag of marshmallows sitting in my pantry cupboard, I gave in to one of my cravings and some suppressed creativity and whipped up 2 dozen of these frog cupcakes. Besides, I took off for my little "Mom-cation" 2 days after Kendall's party. I barely got to eat any of the original cake.
So the Froggies ...
They're adorable. They're delicious. I'm the only one in my house who even LIKES cake!!! Yes I COULD eat them all myself, but with my current workout deficiencies (a whole other post require on that one) they'd only be enhancing my already muffin-top-on-the-waistband physique. Kendall will eat anything, but there's no way I'm feeding a 1 year old that much sugar. Unless of course, you're willing to babysit that evening?
So if you like cupcakes, and you live in the area ... feel free to stop on by and taste a sample. Heck, you can even take one to go. Or 3 or 10 ...
No comments:
Post a Comment