Saturday, February 04, 2012

Results: An Update

Remember this post ?!

It was the start of my commitment to shed those extra baby pounds and get in shape.  Well, that was almost a year ago.

Someone may be wondering what's happened since then.  Mostly, because I rarely post pictures of anyone other than my adorable children on this blog.  So unless you've see me in person, its probably been a big mystery.

I'm happy to report that thanks to being smarter about what I ate, and a regular amount of pushing a double stroller around our neighbourhood this summer, I was able to reach my goal weight (and then thanks to the flu this Christmas ... a couple of extra pounds).  Not only was I able to wear something other than my maternity sweaters this summer, but I was also able to fit into a dress for my cousin's wedding in August.

And the icing on the cake ...



After being reunited with my wedding dress (my mom had been storing it all these years across the country), being married just shy of 10 years, and 2 kids later ... I was curious to know...  I decided to be brave during the kids' quiet time and just go for it.  Imagine my delight ... IT FITS!

(Now if you're a guy ... you may want to skip this part.  You've been warned.)

Now without a tummy tuck (won't happen), I will probably never wear a 2 piece bathing suit, or anything clingy again.  Nor will my belly button probably ever return to its original shape, size or position.  But, I'm extremely proud of reaching my goal.  My next one ...?  Now that I'm sure there are some abs down there, to firm them up a bit.  I'll check in again in a year and let you know if I've had another success.  Oh goodness ... I think I'll have to patch up my relationship with Jillian :-P

2 comments:

Tarasview said...

good for you Erin!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I wouldn't dream of trying on my wedding dress yet. Perhaps in a few months....we'll see. I seem to have developed plantar fasciaitis(sp?) though, so it might be a little longer than I had hoped. :(