Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Back to Reality

Well I've been back for a while.  My week away was great.  My schedule pretty much consisted of sleeping in everyday, followed by some one on one time with Miss Jillian Michaels.  Then some lunch, a long bath and then some mid day TLC watching.  I spent an evening with my Dad, a day with my Mom and took my Granny out for a late mother's day dinner.

Dave survived a whole week with the kids with flying colours.  He had our 1 and only vehicle which was to his advantage because, he could take the small natives out if they got restless.  A luxury I usually can't indulge in, since Dave usually has our car to get to work and church activities in the evening.  Someone also came and cut our lawn for him so he was well looked after.  I never doubted my hubby's abilities to handle our children in my absence.  He's a great Dad and usually very involved in the daily routine and schedule.  He did so well that I'm sure he could handle me taking another week to myself next year ... right honey?!

When Dave and the kids arrived to pick me up I think they were happy to see me.  Let's face it ... Grandma has a bunch of great toys they only get to play with once every couple of months.  Mommy was only a small blip in their radar after being cooped up for hours in a vehicle.  It was time to play!  I'm pretty sure Dave was happy to see me.

In my brief absence, Kendall got another tooth and learned how to pull herself to standing.  Prior to my departure she had also learned to scoot around on her bum.  Still no crawling but the girl is definitely mobile.  3 of the 4 baby gates have now gone up.  Baby proofing was definitely easier before moving in to our side split floor plan.

Cole did fine but started to miss Mommy by the end of the week.  I confess that we had a video chat near the end.  We have left him with my mom several times, and Dave has been away plenty, but he has never been without just me except for one other time when he was less than a year old.  And then I was only gone for 2 half and 1 full day.  It was nice to know he was wondering where I was because, usually in the past he hasn't wondered where we were or, had any anxiety over the fact that we were gone.  Its just another odd Cole thing I have on "The List" of many other Cole oddities.

So life is back to normal now.  Dave had an extra day off for the long weekend, so I don't think the kids are totally sick on me yet.  Don't worry they will be.  Dave is gone for 4 days for work soon and it will be all mommy all the time once again.  Fortunately I'll have the car this time.

No comments: