Twas 3 nights before Christmas and all through the house, was the sound of us puking, and the crash when I passed out.
Kendall has had a touch of something since Tuesday (coincidentally the same night Cole came down with croup - again). She spit up once in her crib in the middle of the night and then promptly went back to sleep. Of course we discovered this in the morning, after she slept in it all night. And the parent of the year award goes to ... After this she mostly had a lack of appetite and a few loose diapers. But overall, she's been functioning quite well with a little Tylenol.
Then last evening it hit me. I had been tired all day and decided to lay down while the kids had their quiet time. When it was time to get up I felt unsettled and called Dave to see if he could come home early from work. Thank goodness he did because and hour later I was incapacitated. Literally. At one point I was on the toilet and passed out. I now have a bump on the head from where I hit the base of the pedestal sink. To spare you any more details. I feel much better now other than its still a little too much to stand up and walk around. I've been camping out in our spare bedroom since the middle of the night.
Unfortunately, Cole woke up this morning just before 7 and spent the rest of the morning throwing up. The poor kid hasn't had the stomach flu since he was 9 or 10 months, so he had no idea what was going on. He'd pretty much just say ouch, scream and then puke (while screaming). Or at least that's what I heard and was told by my husband, as I laid on my own sick bed. Cole spent the afternoon laying on the couch sipping water while half asleep. He's resting and seems to be feeling better. Somehow his favourite blanket and monkey escaped unscathed. I'm calling it a Christmas miracle.
Once again the world's most wonderful husband and father has stepped up and taken care of us all. Here's hoping he remains unaffected. Just in case my wonderful mother has made the 4 hour trip to stay with us and help out.
We are supposed to be travelling to see my family on Christmas day but at this point I think we'll be taking things one day at a time. I think the last thing my family would like to receive for Christmas is this nasty flu. Oh well, things will work out in the end. They did last time. 5 years to the day to be exact.

No comments:
Post a Comment