Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday is December 27th.  Even though it's not Christmas day, it quite often gets lost in the shuffle of all the various family get togethers we go to during the holidays.  So this year my hubby decided we would celebrate my birthday early (on Monday).
Dave isn't big on parties, but he made a huge effort just for me.  It was just us and the kids, and we just had McDonald's from the drive thru, but he decorated.  That's right, I said DECORATED!  I got the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse plates, napkins, paper cups and plastic tablecloth.  The man even got me my own cake, which is huge since Dave hates cake, and since I'm the only one who eats it, we don't normally get one (I make him cheesecake or pie every year).  But the icing on the cake, so to say, was my gift this year.

The kids got me the book "The Art of Cars 2" for my Pixar art book collection.  I also got the book "I Want My Hat Back" written and illustrated by my friend Jonathan Klassen.  However, in the front jacked of the book was tucked the greatest present ever.  It was a flight itinerary for a round trip to Alberta in my name.  My husband organized our family to all contribute and buy me a plane ticket to visit my dearly missed friends in Alberta for a week, while he takes a week off work, stays at home, and watches the kids.  And though the middle of January may not be the most ideal time to visit northern Alberta, (there's a reason it was a good seat sale) I'll assure you I'm not going to enjoy the weather.

So do I have the best husband in the whole wide world ... I THINK SO!

To all my Alberta friends ... can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

No comments: