Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Earning Their Keep


Today was house cleaning day.  It was much neglected and had to be done before the babysitter came tonight, and a home visit tomorrow morning.  Most of the reason for the neglect was a couple of weeks of grumpy kids.  Cole has been having what we call a "bad" stint, and Kendall had a cold followed by some major teething grumpies.  Fortunately, the kids were both very pleasant today.  When I told them it was time for Mommy to do some vacuuming, Cole wanted to help.  So I gave him the vacuum cleaner.  Kendall instantly had left-out-sibling jealousy.  No problem!  Gave the 19 month old the swiffer duster.  Ahh ... time to sit back and watch the kids go to work ... and get a great photo opt.  You know  ... to remind them when they're teenagers that they DO know how to do this stuff.



Though this picture from the previous day shows that I may have to work on keeping them on task.  Those toddlers ... they're such slackers ;)

No comments: