Thursday, October 27, 2011

Here, There, and Everywhere

This month's calendar has been full of appointments ... mostly for Cole.  First I'd like to say how impressed I am about how quickly the ball has started rolling since Cole's assessment by the Child Development Centre.  In the past 2 months we've seen occupational therapy, who has referred us to a feeding team.  We've seen a speech pathologist, who has recommended us for a communication course for parents of children with, or possibly with, Autism Spectrum Disorders.  Next week Cole starts a gymnastic class designed as Occupational therapy.

I won't lie ... we're tired.  All these extra appointments has meant shuffling days off, and using what would normally be down time, going from one office to the next.  But I'm happy we're here.  I'm optimistic of seeing Cole reach his best potential.  I'm receptive for input on how I can be a better parent to my son.  I'm feeling blessed for all these resources and all the people who seem to genuinely care about Cole and our family.

1 comment:

Tarasview said...

yes. the appointments are exhausting. I so understand.

Gymnastics as OT sounds cool.

We love food therapy- I mean it really is helping!!!

We sort of do appointments instead of extra-curricular activities most of the time these days. We just can't do it all.

I'm glad things are happening for you guys though :)