Monday, April 11, 2011

Starting Down the Path



Back in January I posted about little bit about our son Cole having some developmental delays (see post here). We've recently started down several paths here in our new home, so I thought I'd post an update.


In the past couple of months we've begun working with the Infant Development Program. Our worker is awesome. Cole loves when she comes to visit our house because she always brings a bag of things for him to play with. She's also been really good at communicating with other departments and our family doctor to get the referrals that we need.


We've also seen our new family doctor who has referred Cole to a Pediatrician, whom he'll see at the end of this month.

Cole has also been referred to Child Development services. We are currently waiting to here from them after receiving a letter from them about setting up an appointment for Cole to see their preschool Pediatrician. This appointment is to evaluate what help he will need and if Cole will need to see any other professionals.


Recently we have also shared with our Church family about Cole, his delays, special needs and our the struggles we have encountered as we walk through everyday life. The people of our new church home have been super supportive and I really believe that God has not only brought us here for them but for us as well.


So we've started down the path. To exactly where or what I don't know ... but it's a start.


Life with this little guy is a challenge but I sure do love him!

1 comment:

Tarasview said...

praying for you guys as you go down this path!