I built up the nerve to make a hair appointment for myself today. I haven't had my haircut since August, which of course is before we moved across the country. (I have given myself a trim.)
Getting my haircut is a MAJOR subject of anxiety for me. I have had more than my fair share of haircuts gone horribly wrong. Seriously! Once I walked out of a place with an up-do. I found out when I got home that the hairstylist probably only used me for practice because she was covering up the horrible job she did on my hair. I then took 6 1/2 months to grow it out before my wedding ... scared of trusting anyone else before the most important hair day of my life. Moving to a new city means a long cycle of trying someone new, growing out my cut and then figuring out who to go to next. Not much stresses me out, but haircuts are the exception.
I think its because hairstylists have a hard time figuring out my hair. Naturally its got a frizzy curly wave and is SUPER thick. When I leave it to dry naturally its HUGE and takes all day to air dry. Alternatively I blow dry and straighten the heck out of it every day (or at least when I'll be seen in public) with a straightening iron. So it takes a special person to "get" my hair. They need to give me a style that is straight, but cut it like it behaves like curly hair. Confusing I know ... so I totally understand why I have such problems.
Now I realize that I've bored you all with my hair vanity, but I really needed to release some of that stress before I exploded. Of course if I did explode then I would have no need for a haircut ... No, I think I'll just suck it up. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment