Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Re-vamp?

I'd talk about how sporadic my blog posting has been lately, however, I think that's been the topic of my last few entries. To be honest, I just haven't had the energy to do a lot of blogging lately. I seem to be so busy with keeping up with life that it's been tough to stop and write about it. Don't even get me started about needing the patience to sit and post pictures (blogger could really use some improvement in that area). Besides ... all my pictures end up on facebook where the friends I really want to see them can look at them easily.


All that to say, I'm considering a blog revamp. I find the best time for me to blog is in the middle of the night. That's right ... I'm regularly awake at 2 am. Now, both my kids sleep through the night beautifully so that is definitely not the problem. I am also a self professed night owl, but that hasn't been keeping me up lately either. I'm being completely vulnerable in saying this, but I stay up thinking at least once a week. Our son Cole has had many developmental delays identified in the past year and a half, and was part of an Early Intervention program before we moved. That being said, if I'm not able to fall asleep right away, I usually lay awake thinking about the things I can do to help him along or what is next on the professional path in our new surrounding. This is definitely the case after a bad day. I thought perhaps blogging would be a good outlet to get all those thoughts, frustrations, hopes, disappointments and joys out of my head and into space that could maybe be identifiable for others as well. I'm not sure about this yet, or, whether I'll revamp the current blog or simply start a new one to stay a little more anonymous. Perhaps some of blogging friends have a few pointers me?

1 comment:

Tarasview said...

Erin- this post brought tears to my eyes. I have been there - lying awake in the middle of the night wondering what to do next or what I can do more of or less of or differently to help my kids.

Blogging has saved my sanity. I highly recommend it. And it has been a gateway to an amazingly supportive special needs community for me.

*hugs*