Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mom On Vacation: The Sequel

Last year my husband sent me on vacation.  A week to myself without any kids.  Well this year he's done it again.  This year for my birthday my husband got me the wonderful gift of a week back in Alberta with my friends.  My journey begins tomorrow. 

I'm very excited, but have to admit, I really wish Dave could come with me.  It's sad that he's going to miss seeing the friends we made over our 8 years up north.  On top of that, I really like travelling with him, and its been 5 years since we've last done that without the kids.  Of course I will also miss the kiddos, and wish all our friends could see how much they've grown and changed.  Especially Kendall who was only 4 months when we moved!  However, I will not miss all the chaos that is travelling with 2 kids under the age of 4 (one with special needs).  I will thoroughly enjoy having my single seat all to myself, getting to eat my snack, actually being able to watch TV or read a book, and only having to be responsible for luggage that does not include car seats or strollers.  There will be no frantic diaper changes in the airport, and trying to keep kids who have been up early and have missed naps happy. 

I will be a bit lonely though.  Just a little bit.  Sorta like missing your left arm.  But don't tell anyone my secret because I'm really excited at the same time ... okay? ;)

No comments: