Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pastry Under False Pretenses

Yesterday morning I enjoyed a very substantial Blueberry fritter, jelly donut. Dave had purchased it for me while he was out running errands in the morning.

Perhaps the pastry chefs have a personal vendetta for yours truly, therefore making it possible for my husband to obtain the jam filled sweets unscathed. Of course his identity will probably not remain under the radar for long. There are just too many donut shops with a large employee loyalty. One of them will undoubtedly see us together in a matter of time. I am afraid my husband will be blacklisted by association, no longer making it possible to gain my jelly satisfaction under the false pretenses of another identity. Unless there are volunteers out there, willing to risk exile from the filled variety?

In the meantime ... I have become partial to the sprinkle donuts. What you see is what you get.

2 comments:

Amy & Jared said...

Erin, don't you know... it's sprinkle, sprinkle donuts... and i hear that they are especially good in Niagara Falls!

debrowns said...

Yes, apparently Paul thought they'd be better in Niagara Falls, NY ... but there was no way I was crossing the boarder on July long weekend!