I don't seem to be getting much done at work these days ... I blame it on the government.
It seems my afternoon routine, as of late, is to sit on hold with Passport Canada waiting for the opportunity to enquire about what exactly has happened to my passport application. Every agent tells me something different. I tend to be more trusting of the operators who are not rude and treat me like a human being (and can actually speak fluent English). This afternoon I called twice because I was sure the person "helping" me on the other end of the phone the first time was almost as confused as I was. I was right, the woman I got the second time actually had comprehensible information.
So as far as I know, my passport is in the final stage of production in Edmonton (its being printed) and SHOULD be shipped to me, in Grande Prairie, by Canada Post next week. However, she did tell me if I hadn't seen it by the first to call back and give them my file number and remind them of the date of my trip. I'm keeping all of my fingers and my toes crossed. It took 2 weeks of calling and many hours on hold to figure this out.
If you want to see how messed up the passport application process is right now you can visit this forum site called http://www.passportcanadasucks.com. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when you do or when you don't get your passport these days.
I wonder if Mickey Mouse will appreciate everything I've gone through just to meet him?
Ahhhhh . . . I feel better now!
5 comments:
Disney.... over-rated. I've heard Woking is good in May - accessible, not crowded and no passport required!
I'm glad they are at the printing stage, now it's the anxious wait for Canada's wonderful postal service. We'll be praying it gets to you in time.
Chris
I hope your passport arrives in time!
HA - Woking in May, you should TOTALLY go there instead of Disneyland! Just kidding :)
I've heard and seen things on the news about how hard it is to get a passport these days...but the hassle will be so worth it for Mickey=) What an exciting trip!
UPDATES, please! I know you have them!
Post a Comment