Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cursed With Expensive Taste

My house has bare walls. I simply cannot find anything that I both like and can afford. Mind you, Grande Prairie doesn't happen to have the greatest selection of fine art, or even a satisfactory selection of the affordable kind. I did see a picture I really like in one of my decorating magazines. I looked up the artist online and fell in love with her work. The problem is that I seem to be cursed with expensive taste. A sofa sized work by Jennifer Harrison costs between $2000 and $4000 - not exactly in my price range. Any other pictures seem to pale in comparisson. So my walls remain bare.


I have considered taking up painting this year and trying my own hand at creating the art I just can't seem to find in stores. Then Dave may finally have more than blank walls to stare at.

To see some of Jennifer Harrison's (and my favourite) work, visit: http://www.jenniferharrison.org.

1 comment:

krimels said...

Oooo, very nice. Now i can see the texture to her work that you were describing. Maybe you could buy a photograph of her work? Not the same?

Mel