Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Just A Little Problem Solving

When I was part of the "Gifted" program during school, we spent countless hours doing "creative problem solving" exercises. In fact we even had a one-day problem solving competition called the "Think Bowl" (yeah I was a giant nerd ... WAS, right?!?)


So anyway ... when it came to our recent electrical problem (see previous post), my expertise training kicked into high gear. The solution to my dilema simply involved finding a matching light fixture that would simply cover up my problem - it almost seemed too easy - but it worked! We found a light fixture that had a solid plate on the back and simply copied the shameful wiring job the electrician had done before. Problem solved. No electrician need, no messy dry walling job. Almost first prize at any Think Bowl! Plus it look pretty good too.


2 comments:

krimels said...

Yayyy, much better! Too bad you don't have a picture of the old light to compare - (or maybe you do)!

Melody

Greg and Farrell Clark said...

Hooray! I was feeling frustrated for you! :) I'm glad you found one that matched and didn't have to wait forever to make it how you had pictured.