Saturday, August 06, 2011

R.I.P.

Last week there was a funny smell in the house.  I could smell it between a couple of floors of our spilt level but in the same area.  After a couple of days Dave decided to extend the search.  We have a dirt crawl space that gets pretty creepy crawly, but that turned out empty.  Finally Dave tracked it to our furnace/storage area.  And sure enough there on top of the box of our packed up Christmas tree was a dead chipmunk.  How he got in, we don't know.  How he died is as much of a mystery.

I've been watching a whole family of chipmunks all spring and summer that like to hang out in our yard.  They come right up to our patio and can often be seen sitting on the pair of wooden planter boxes in the garden outside our backdoor in the morning (see picture).  I haven't seen them as much lately (though they're still there) but this could perhaps be why.

Dave did the removal since we all know that I don't do dead rodents.

Poor little chipmunk.  I'm too thrilled about having a dead chipmunk in my house, but I'm not sure having a live one running around would have been any better.


Rest In Peace Chipmunk
? - 2011

No comments: