Is picky eating genetic? Cole has always been a picky eater, despite all my efforts. I've come to accept that his very limited diet is somewhat to do with some of his sensory issues. So when Kendall started solids I was determined that this would be the kid who would eat any and everything. Apparently she didn't get the memo, because when it comes to food - she definitely knows what she does and does not want to eat.
Cereal and fruit are delicious, but vegetables are suspect and anything in a jar labeled "casserole or stew" is enough to snub her nose at (literally, she scrunches up her nose and waves it in the air while whining and smushing most of the spoonful back out). Pured is also preferable to anything with chunks. I guess I can't blame her since she has no teeth at almost 9 months.
However, her absolute favourite food is Cheerios. I seriously think she has an addiction problem. Now whenever I go to the pantry (where I keep the distinctive large yellow box) I can look over my shoulder and see her sitting up in her seat at full attention. Her need for a fix is so bad that she will no longer eat rusks (a favourite until the introduction of the fore mentioned cereal), I'm sure in mere protest. For 2 short days she would eat peas by hand. First alone, then only if scattered amongst Cheerios and now she will deliberately pick around them for the Os. I've begun to limit her intake in hopes that she'll be willing to try other finger foods again.
I've been looking forward to introducing homogenized milk this month and the freedom it will give me from nursing. I hope Kendall received that memo.
.
1 comment:
oh man... picky eating is enough to drive us all crazy!! My boys both have serious diet issues because of their sensory stuff. So far Olivia is MUCH better than the boys (thank God!!).
Post a Comment