Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Next Chapter ... For Those Still Reading!

Okay, so usually I have some lame excuse for not keeping this blog up to date but this time I think my reasons are pretty valid. Here's a re-cap of the last month and-a-half.
  • I had some day surgery that took a few days to recover from.

  • The day before my surgery Cole came down with a nasty case of croup and spent 8 hours in emergency.

  • I packed for a trip to Ontario

  • I cleaned my house in order to have guests stay at our place while we were gone

  • I was doing a baby clothes exchange with those guests, so I organized 5 diaper boxes of Cole's old clothes.

  • Spent 5 days in Kingston candidating at a church

  • Spent another week in Niagara visiting my family

  • Returned home and unpacked everyone

  • Got our house ready, cleaned and organized to list and sell

  • Been keeping the house clean every minute of the day ... just in case

Oh ... and I have the normal "look after a 2 year old and a 2-3 month old" stuff in there as well. I'm sure there were a few other things I forgot too.

And just for clarification ... YES we are moving away from Grande Prairie. Dave has accepted a position as Lead Pastor at a church in Kingston, Ontario. This of course made my family back home very happy, but all our friends here in Alberta very sad. However, they are awesome friends and very supportive. Of course this is a decision we have spent a lot of time in prayer about and is very bitter sweet. We know Kingston is where God wants us to be, and knowing we will be close to at least one side of family is a wonderful thought. However, we love our home, friends and church in Grande Prairie so we will be very sad to leave them all behind. No moving date as of yet, but Dave's last day of work is August 31st. Please keep us in your prayers, especially when it comes to the sale of our current house.

And now for a few pictures ...







1 comment:

Jinny said...

We're happy to have you guys here in Ontario! Maybe we'll get to see you all for a minute or two. I'm sure the boys would have fun playing, and the girls could stare at each other in their bumbo's or something. :)