My friend Amanda tagged me in her blog to list 5 reasons I like being a mom. So here it goes ...
1) I get to do WAY more shopping. I'm totally inept at buying clothes for myself and it always seems to be low on the priority list when one is on a tight budget. Cole however is always growing and his wardrobe is always needing something new. It also helps that the government gives me money to do this.
2) I get to work from home. I decided to not return to my job and be a stay at home mom. My new "job" is in no way easier but I'm enjoying it more every day.
3) I get to play again. Cole is still a little young but I'm really looking forward to the day when I get to build with Lego, kick around a ball in the yard, and make crafts at the kitchen table. You now all know the real reason I volunteered in Sunday school all those years ;)
4) I get to watch my husband being a wonderful dad. Cole is a complete daddy's boy and I love watching how excited Cole gets to see his daddy and how great Dave is with him. Dave is involved 100 percent and I love that we get to be a team with something so important in our lives.
5) Cole is too young to say "I love you" yet, but when I get a snuggle, a hug, or one of his huge grins it completely melts my heart. Nothing in the world matches it.
I guess I'm supposed to tag some other people so I guess it will be Jinny, Katherine & Farrell
1 comment:
Great list Erin! I truly hope you enjoy staying at home. It's definitely not an easier job, and you don't have a water cooler to gripe around on 'those' days! But, the blessings are immeasurable. ;)
Post a Comment