Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cole at 11 Months

I've been handing out invitations for Cole's first birthday party this week. I can't believe he's almost 1 year old already.


Cole is finally doing some of the things a 11 month old should do. He has finally figured out sliding on his belly and in the past couple of days actually crawling on his hands and knees. On Sunday he just started clapping ... something I've been trying to teach him for 5 months. If there is anything I've learned in the past 11 months its that Cole is his own person and insists on doing things in his own time. The large milestones like sitting on his own, crawling, pulling himself up seem to come slowly and very gradually. Other things however like turning the pages in a book, rolling a ball back and forth and waving hello and goodbye seem to just happen one day without instruction or coaching.


Cole is looking more like a little boy each day and less and less baby like. In the last month he gained 2 inches on his height without gaining a pound and has lost a bit of that baby chubbiness which characterized his looks so much (don't worry he still has those cute cheeks you just want to squeeze) and has a mouth full of teeth.



I apologize for not posting that many pictures lately. To tell you the truth it's getting harder and harder to capture Cole on camera. Gone are the days when I could pull out the camera with the guarentee that Cole would just sit, pose and smile. These days our little boy is too busy to look up and flash a toothy grin, and if so, you're lucky if you can snap a picture in that brief moment. I find myself pulling out the video camera more and more often to record the action that has become Cole. Hopefully I'll have the time to download some of those videos soon. The camera will definitely be out next month as we blow out the candle on Cole's first birthday cake.


1 comment:

Jinny said...

I totally understand, Liam had his own time for everything too. And I sympathize with the whole hard to get him on camera thing! Now all I seem to get is the back of his head or a hand trying to grab the camera. Just wait til he starts walking!