Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just Can't Win

The Donut Conspiracy continues ....

(dum dum dum ...)

Dave used up the last of the milk last night, so this morning he was about to make a trip to Safeway to buy more so I could have my ritualistic breakfast of cereal when I suddenly got a craving for a croissant donut.

For those who are unfamiliar with what a croissant donut is, let me acquaint you. A croissant donut is a deep fried croissant, glazed and covered in chocolate drizzle or, if you'd rather, a one-bite blocked artery or, diabetes in pastry form. Oh ... its also one of the most delicious things on earth and perhaps exclusive to Safeway because I've never seen them anywhere else.

Anyway, I suggested to Dave that this particular donut would make a yummy substitute for my planned bowl of Cheerios (which by the way, is much better for your cholesterol).

On Dave's return I did NOT get a croissant donut but rather a lengthy story about how there were no croissant donuts and how he decided to get cinnamon bun donuts instead. These are also rather tasty, but not THE croissant donut I was anticipating.

I can't believe Safeway is also conspiring against me. This goes much farther than just the realm of jelly donuts. Now I can no longer get my desired alternative ... which I believed was untainted. Also, as Dave was leaving the bakery (after inquiring about the lack of croissant donuts). A bakery worker walked by with fresh iced cinnamon buns ... my hubby's true weakness. So, he also came home with 2 of those. How sneaky! Sucking my husband into buy both donuts and cinnamon buns. Yes we ate them ALL anyway ... but that beside the point ;)

1 comment:

krimels said...

Dave seems to like coming home with double what he went for ... like shoes!