Monday, November 26, 2007

23 Weeks: Missing Modern Medicine

So far 23 weeks hasn't been much fun. Not because the baby isn't well, but rather because I've caught a nasty cold.

I've felt it coming on for the last week and a half, but this weekend it came on in full force. That's right, I have the sore throat, the cough, the chest congestion, the stuffy nose and the sneezing all at once. For years I have complained about the taste of Neo Citron but now that I can't take medicine to cure my ills, I miss that yucky warm lemon taste with a hint of medicine dearly.

Happily I can say today that I feel the worst is behind me. I have survived the worst of the common cold by common means ( a lot of rest). Here's to a good night's rest and the capacity to function the rest of the week!

2 comments:

Greg and Farrell Clark said...

That's definitely one of my least favorite parts of being pregnant. I was really sick twice when I was expecting Rachel and how I longed to just take a bunch of pills! I've got the same (it sounds like) head cold now and at least there are a few more things you can take when you're nursing, but I'd still dearly love to be popping Tylenol Cold!

krimels said...

I just noticed that your pregnancy ticker on your blog and on Facebook don't match...