Saturday, December 16, 2006

No Mo' Snow!!

I believe the first official day of winter is December 21st. However, we've been getting snow since the last week of October ... and it keeps on coming! Finally last week we had our street plowed for the first time this year. This was good because I (Erin) kept getting our Honda Civic stuck only a few feet from home. However, instead of being extremely happy, we were extremely surprised to find that the plows put all that snow from the street, over the boulevard, over the sidewalk, and into our front yard. Apparenly the city has claim to the first 3 meters of your property past the sidewalk. Unfortunate for us our front yard is probably only 5 meters deep. The result is a 12 foot snowpile (mixed with dirt and sod from our lawn) outside our bedroom windows. At least it's a snowpile right now. Come spring I believe that large hill will turn into a large flood. At least what grass wasn't dug up should be exceptionally green.

1 comment:

Greg and Farrell Clark said...

Oh, yuck! I have to say we are very thankful for our Beaverlodge town services here - we've had our (dead-end, last street of town) road plowed at least three times this winter. And yes, it does tend to get pushed into our yards, but they all slope down to the street so hopefully we'll be okay when it all melts!

I hope they take some of your snow AWAY at some point if it keeps snowing like this!